Jennifer Matthewson is a writer, photographer, and entrepreneur originally from the Midwest. She is a freelance journalist, founder and editor of Daily Blender, and author of “Career Diary of a Caterer.”
A graduate of Western Michigan University, Jennifer headed west in the late 90’s to ride the wave of Seattle’s dot-com era. In 2003, she opened Zen Kitchen Catering, an award-winning organic catering business in Portland, Oregon. Her first book detailing her experiences with Zen Kitchen, “Career Diary of a Caterer,” was published in 2007.
In partnership with an international blog network, Daily Blender was launched in the spring of 2008, covering food & beverage industry news from an insider’s perspective. A year later, Jennifer took ownership, growing readership exponentially and gaining the respect of chefs and restaurateurs around the globe. Now over twelve years strong, Daily Blender has expanded to include exclusive features within food, drink, travel, and culture.
Profiles & Press:
- Behind the Writing: Let Me Tell You About My First Book (Longreads, 2019)
- Goodreads Author: Jennifer Matthewson (Goodreads)
- Travel Style – Jennifer Heigl (Johnny Jet, 2013)
- Thursday’s Thirsty Girl – Blending Good Food, Business, and Adventure (Thirsty Girl, 2011)
- Google Hotpot Best Evers (Google Places Community Blog, 2010)
- Lucky 7: Favorite Books (Armchair Interviews, 2008)