Jennifer Matthewson is writer and entrepreneur originally from the Midwest. She is the founder and editor of Daily Blender, the author of “Career Diary of a Caterer,” and a freelance contributor to Delta Sky, The Writer, Northwest Palate, Matador Review, BBC Travel, Cision, Viator, and BootsNAll, among others.
A graduate of Western Michigan University, Jennifer headed west in the late 90s to join the dot-com era in Seattle before relocating to Portland.
In 2003, she opened Zen Kitchen Catering, an award-winning organic catering business centered on strong community relationships and sustainable business practices. Detailing the day-to-day experiences of a catering company, Jennifer penned “Career Diary of a Caterer,” a career guide utilized in culinary courses across the country.
Post-publication, she began covering food & beverage industry news from an insider’s standpoint for an international blog network, launching Daily Blender in the spring of 2008. A year later, Jennifer took over ownership, designing and building the publication’s brand while growing readership by 300% in the first six months. Now over ten years strong, Daily Blender has expanded to include exclusive profiles and spotlights within food, drink, culture, and travel.
Links & Press:
- Goodreads Author: Jennifer Heigl (Goodreads.com)
- Travel Style – Jennifer Heigl (Johnny Jet, 2013)
- Thursday’s Thirsty Girl – Blending Good Food, Business, and Adventure (Thirsty Girl, 2011)
- Google Hotpot Best Evers: Jennifer Heigl (Google Places Community Blog, 2010)
- Lucky 7: Favorite Books (Armchair Interviews, 2008)